Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Bearfoot Furs


Here are some examples of the hats that I handstitch from either my own tanned furs or from yours!  Please email me at skyeskyegoode@gmail.com if interested or have any questions!  Please note that this is a hobby that I do in my "spare time", therefore my turnaround times can vary depending on hunting/trapping seasons and my work schedule!

I do not have an official website to order from, but rather you can visit my facebook page:  Bearfoot Furs


Update 01/09/2024: I was recently made aware that I haven't updated this page in a while.  Below is the copy and pasted summary that I have on my facebook page:
FAQ's and Price List: PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING, as your question might be answered below:
-We DO NOT do any tanning ourselves and WILL NOT accept your green/frozen furs.
-At this time, we DO NOT make vests, mittens, scarves, dresses, or any other type of clothing other than headwear.
-I have plenty of tanned pelts in stock myself, but if you would like to buy your own pelts to be made into hats, I recommend www.fntpost.com or www.glacierwear.com for larger companies, but encourage you to buy from a local trapper during this low market period.
-I will NOT accept any pelts that are poorly tanned at home unless they are exceptionally done, which is rare. I will not accept any pelts that have been tanned using the "orange bottle" or if they are greasy, stiff, or have a wet dog smell.
-Turnaround time from when I receive your fur to when I ship your finished hat is currently 12 weeks.
-No we don't have a website; just Facebook. I do not accept phone calls, email/messages only please.
-I DO NOT do any type of head taxidermy or soft mounts.
-Depending on the condition, we may be able to take older pelts, such as vintage fur coats or shawls, and turn them into hats if you so desire.
-Prices vary so greatly depending on each style and species. Some species of fur, for example fox, are so thin that they require me to take a couple extra steps prior to sewing that are very time consuming. In the same respect, thicker species, like beaver, also have a couple extra steps prior to sewing, therefore the price of labor could be higher.
-Down payments are non-refundable. If you do not pay in full when your hat is finished, it will be sold to the public.
-The “universal fit” for trapper style hats is for adults with a head circumference of 22-24”, so be sure to mention sizes outside that range for a better custom sizing. All other styles will require a head size prior to making.
Generally speaking, here is a basic price list that is VERY subject to change, again, depending on your wants/needs. Prices do not include shipping. Pelts must be professionally soft/garment tanned to be acceptable for sewing.

**Using YOUR fur***
•Trapper (full, leather, two-tone) hats: $250
•Russian hats: $300 (this style discontinued as of 7/22/2022)
•Headbands: $125
•Pillbox Hats and Coon Skin Caps: $150
•Mountain Man Hats: $300
•Adding fur to jacket hood: $150
Add $35 to any hat for “fur balls” on the ends of braided ties.
Anything not listed is $15/hour of sewing/labor plus materials and shipping.
Add $100 for any hat made from bear, Buffalo, ox, or similar hide due to extensive prep work required.





























































Fake Fur Hood Replacements:




6 comments:

  1. Very nice hats and amazing work, I hope they sell great for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sky, i wondered if i could turn one of your head bands into a liner for the rim of my hood . Or if you have something like that i could order ? let me know thank you Craig

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome hats! My Step-Mother lives in Granton ... we may have to talk😀.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...apparently Mr. Unknown thinks expressing their opinion on fur used as garments in that matter makes them a better person than someone who utilizes a renewable resource like fur to make quality garments. If it wasn't for fur garments all you anti-fur individuals wouldn't be around to express your ignorant opinions. Keep up tho good work Skye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dig it! Louisiana fur isn’t as good as far north plums.
    Got any ideas for alligators?
    Should be unique! Ha!
    Bonne chance mon Deau!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fur hats are the epitome of elegance and warmth! Their craftsmanship is impeccable, and the variety of styles cater to every taste. Not only are these hats fashionable, but they also provide exceptional insulation during chilly winters. Plus, knowing that AMIFUR is committed to ethical sourcing makes wearing their hats even more delightful. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality and style!

    ReplyDelete