Friday, December 8, 2023

My 2023 Archery Buck

 This harvest was so important, you have no idea!!

I had some really difficult struggles last deer season and it’s haunted me daily for the past year…so to harvest this nice buck from the same stand I lost a buck last year, completely wiped away all the bad memories and replaced them with a perfect shot and easy track job!
A hot doe came running through being chased by a grunting buck, I was standing backwards in my stand at full draw after the doe ran through the thick, because I didn’t know how big the buck was that I could hear, and there was just a small window to shoot. Once a small fork emerged, I let my bow down, went to face forward, and saw this big buck in my peripheral vision RIGHT AT MY LADDER below me! He busted me, started to run away, I drew back and let out a deep loud buck roar and it stopped him at 30 yards, so I let it fly. Amazingly, he still ran 250 yards while pouring lung blood.
God is good, all the time!!!



I didn't use many trail cameras this year so I don't have too many photos of this buck.

Frothy lung blood made the tracking job very easy!  The woods was painted red for 250 yards.




These are the buck's backstraps cooking in bear fat from the black bear I harvest just one month before, how cool is that!










No comments:

Post a Comment