Thursday, July 24, 2014

Nuisance Trapping



Live trapping is quite possibly my favorite hobby.  I love making the perfect setup to convince a sneaky critter to entire a steal cage with the enticement of lure or bait.  I recently cleared out my boyfriend's barn that had a bad case of coon.  I choose not to dispatch the coon I catch right now, and have been relocating them to his hunting woods to possibly trap again in the winter when their pelts will be prime.  The skunks however, have become quite the problem and since a high percentage carry disease, we have been dispatching the skunks as humanely and quickly as possible.  Below are some pictures of the critters I have trapped in the past few months.






I think feral cats are more aggressive than any other animals I've caught!
 Snowballs here did not like getting tricked!


Not exactly a pleasant surprise...

My outside cornfield set up, complete with Blackie's Blend Magnum lure.
The next day, that set up produced a huge female skunk!

My son Jackson & I caught the ornery mama and two kits....


Then I caught the remaining two kits the next morning! All were relocated to the same woods to reunite!

When there's nothing else to catch, I get desperate.


No comments:

Post a Comment