Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Before and After Trapping

Here are some of the pictures of my catches where I took the before picture and then had a successful catch! 


Dirthole caught 2 females in 2 weeks.

Cable restraint caught this female, #11, within a week.


Another young male in a cable restraint.



Male red fox caught in a cable restraint.

Here's a frozen dirthole from the fall that I re-bedded with peat moss, sifted some snow over the whole area, and put a shot of red fox urine on the backing; caught this female red fox the next morning.



Here's a cable restraint setup that was a fence crossing between two fields.  It had been set for a couple of days before I caught this nice big male. You can see the huge catch circle from the 7 foot snare.

This is an anthill that the coyotes were using as a pee post.  I added a fresh shot of red fox urine and caught this female the next day.

Here's a cable restraint that was hanging on a 4 wheeler trail for about 2 weeks.  Patience pays off as I knew that they would use that crossing whenever they made their rounds through the area.  I caught this little female in a perfect neck catch, but had to throw her out because she had mange.  Notice how I barely concealed the cable restraint, because if it's at the right height, there's not need to conceal.


Male coyote in a cable restraint that hung for 17 nights.


















No comments:

Post a Comment